Apple Pie is a type of fruit pie with sweet baking apple mixture as filling. I think that this pie does not need any introduction, since it has become one of the most popular pies around.
You might be enjoying Apple Pie since you were a child, but do you know which apple varieties are used to make this delightful pie? There are specific apple varieties that are recommended to be used in making Apple Pie; they are often called baking apples. Baking apples are usually crisp and acidic, but not too sweet. Baking Bites lists some of the baking apples that you can use.
Are you ready to make your own Apple Pie? I’m sure you are. If you are having any doubts about anything, forget all about it. It does not mean that you need to have extensive cooking or baking experience in order for you to make a good one. You should be fine as long as you know how to mix ingredients and use the oven.
Enjoy this Apple Pie recipe and let me know your progress. Drop a comment if you need some clarification.
1/2 cup butter, divided
3 tablespoons flour
1/2 cup granulated white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
6 to 8 pieces baking apples (granny smith’s); peeled, cored, and sliced
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
Watch the cooking video:
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine apples, sugars, flour, nutmeg, and cinnamon then mix well.
3. Set 1 pastry dough on a round cake or pie pan then put-in the apple mixture and arrange.
4. Distribute butter on top of the apple mixture.
5. Cover with the second pie crust then seal the edges.
6. Bake for 15 minutes then reduce heat to 300 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for another 40 to 45 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and serve.
8. Share and enjoy!
Article source: http://panlasangpinoy.com/2011/01/08/apple-pie-recipe/